Ford & Stanley Executive
Opportunity Brief: Key Account Manager / Client Development Manager
About Ford & Stanley Group
The Ford & Stanley Group comprises of 4 companies. 3 of which specialising in the provision of world class Recruitment Solutions (Executive Search, White Collar & Blue Collar) underpinned by our Genius Performance business that specialises in Leadership, Coaching & Mental Fitness, Business Consultancy & Training. We work exclusively with over 150 employers from Start-up & SME through to large corporate & major blue chip organisations across the Transportation, Infrastructure, Digital & General Manufacturing sectors in the UK, Europe and North Americas.
With Head Offices based in Pride Park, Derby UK – we have circa. 50 employees, £22m turnover and are privately owned boasting a 40% growth in the last 18 months alongside being awarded 6 major multi-year contracted recruitment partnership agreements with UK and international organisations.
Over the next five years, we are looking to significantly grow our business within the UK and internationally, both in terms of our client base and the Ford & Stanley team – for this we are looking to secure experienced account managers to join us on our journey be that here in the UK, US or other areas of the globe.
Here at Ford & Stanley, we are firm believers in recruiting on attributes and potential – as such it does not matter what background your recruitment experience is in. We have taken industrial recruiters and transformed them into high-performing Executive Search Consultants, we have employed specialist law recruiters and developed them into expert industry ‘go to’ for engineering recruitment and we have provided an opportunity for struggling high potential recruiters who perhaps aren’t in the right environment to thrive and have supported their journey into top performers.
For a deeper insight into our culture, check out this video from our 2023 company away day or visit our Join us page. You may also want to see some of the great work our teams have been doing for the environment here.
To undertake a key relationship management/development role managing one of Ford & Stanley’s largest exclusive recruitment partnership accounts. Accountable for the successful delivery, growth, continuous improvement, relationship management and overall success of the account.
What does the role entail?
- Regular check ins with each of the team leaders/managers/consultants on the delivery progress of key client requirements / vacancies including shortlist coverage, status, challenges, flags etc etc
- Tracking and reporting of client news pages, projects and announcements into the Account Director whilst taking initiative to action / turn news into opportunity
- Traffic light mapping of relationship progress, turning reds to ambers to greens and adding new personalities as discovered
- Tracking of all key client jobs posted directly and cross-reference with our live roles and follow up on deltas
- Fix delivery issues, conflicts, problem solve, unlock and unblock
- Educate the client on F&S processes / raise awareness and reduce misunderstandings
- Complete the fortnightly dashboard MI report, and ensure the formatting, data and content is 100% accurate, polished and professional / easy to understand.
- Work with intent to meet and develop a line of comms with every member of the key client stakeholder teams
- Collaborate with the F&S business managers and delivery team members working on key client requirements
- Ensure you are copied in on all timescale agreements for the delivery of a role, diarising delivery date and periodic check in on progress
- Ensuring all vacancies inbound are communicated swiftly and concisely into the relevant specialist recruitment business unit for distribution and delivery
- Investigating all non-delivery and providing a full report to AD as to why / proactively head this off with the client
- Periodic sit-ins on situational discoveries
- Complete monthly service review meetings on teams or face to face with ALL HRBP’s and report to Account Director on actions and outcomes
- Monopolise the key client subsidiaries businesses and entities and develop / action the engagement and sales plan (in collaboration with F&S sales team) to bring these businesses on as a Ford & Stanley client
- Proactively grow the account; don’t rest on the agreement to ensure all opportunity finds it way to us
- Spot opportunity to upsell / cross sell Ford & Stanley Group ad-hoc services
- Work on-site at key client offices for at least 1 day per month / embed yourself within the client.
Travel & working arrangements. 1 day per week visiting the client sites (UK wide) 4 days per week working at our Head Offices, Pride Park.
Reporting Line: Group Client Engagement Director
General behavioural buzz words
- Fixer / problem solver
- High energy
- Engaging and enjoyable to work with
- Organiser / Coordinator / Facilitator
- Flexible attitude to travel
- Liked, low maintenance / highly effective
Background & Experience: (Hard Skills)
- Demonstrable experience in managing and successfully developing a high potential client account.
- Background in Consultancy Recruitment (White Collar preferred) permanent or contract.
- Demonstrable experience in leading client meetings.
- Demonstrable experience in warm up sales, cross sales within existing customers.
- A clear and detailed understanding of how a recruitment consultancy operates.
- Willingness to travel (with or without notice) to various client sites in the UK
- Experience of clear, accurate and concise reporting
- Strong use of Excel, PowerPoint, CRM systems and other reporting tools.
- Are you seeking a clear and defined progression and promotion structure? You will receive a bespoke career plan designed around your strengths and ambitions that map out not just your next promotion but right the way through to director for those so inclined and driven. You will also be issued a training programme underpinned by a competency framework for you to own.
- Do you have ambitions to head up a business vertical? Here we don’t “grow desks,” we develop businesses that are only limited to your ambitions and capabilities. We currently have 5 established businesses and 4 service lines led by business managers who are working diligently and tirelessly to develop these service lines into business verticals. We have the ambition to open at least 3 new service lines throughout 2024 and 2025 in addition to a presence in the US / North America so whilst you may start your career with us at Ford & Stanley it wouldn’t be unusual to find yourself heading up a new business venture at a later stage in your career with us if so desired.
- We have made 11 internal promotions in the last 18 months which is a testament to our focus and development of our people. We have maintained 100% retention of our employees for the 3rd consecutive year. (Since the pandemic).
- Do you want to be able to personally manage your monthly commission? Via your personal commission calculator, you can plan, how much you will earn and plan how you want to spend it! We operate 3 different schemes each with an uncapped monthly commission scheme where you can start earning commission in your first month.
- Would you like to rid yourself of limitations and exercise your right to entrepreneurial thinking? Ford & Stanley is built entirely on the ideas and the creativity of its employees.
- Would you like to genuinely make a difference in people’s lives via our Better Workdays mission? But also make a positive environmental impact? For every placement we make, we plant an oak tree. For every major contract agreement with a client, we plant a fruit tree. Join us during 2024 and you can join our companywide initiative of planting a forest worth of placements.
- Are you looking for a team-focused environment? At Ford & Stanley, we have spent decades developing and perfecting a culture and defined working practices that one person’s success is everyone’s success and the sharing of information, and candidates and working with collaboration and interdependence is recognised, celebrated and rewarded.
- Would you like to be supported by a dedicated business support team who take the administration burden out of your working day? At Ford & Stanley we ensure our consultants are focussed on the sharp end of the activities and freed up to focus on what they are best at.
What are the benefits and perks?
- Market-leading basic salary package
- Bespoke Commission/Bonus Scheme
- Holidays: 25 days & 8 bank holidays
- 24/7 Mental Fitness & Performance Coach Access
- Bespoke career plan
- Fully expensed leadership course to develop your career
- Pension: 4% employer / 4% employee
- Life Assurance: 3 x Annual Salary
- 50% off Gym membership (Management)
- Free apple watch (Management)
- Private Healthcare – including 24/7 GP access, private healthcare discounts and much more (Management Level)
- Location: Full time office based. HQ in Pride Park Derby (Free parking)
- Health Shield for you + children.
- Sickness: After probation – 10 days at 100% pay 10 days half pay
- Company Away Days
- Christmas Party
- Ad hoc rewards/incentives for top performance
- Team nights/company socials
- Editorial, PR & Comms plan of your joining
- Internal & External Training Programs
- Earlier Friday finishes (4pm wash up)
- Free fresh fruit, unlimited teas & coffees
- Free Parking
Likely Job Titles:
Recruitment Consultant, Senior Recruitment Consultant, Talent Acquisition Manager, Managing Consultant, Recruiter, Recruitment Manager, Key Account Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Account Manager.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers and approach all opportunity with a mindset of who is right for the job irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination.