Ford & Stanley Executive
Opportunity Brief: Senior Consultant – Ford & Stanley Executive Search
About Ford & Stanley Group
The Ford & Stanley Group comprises of 5 companies that specialise in Leadership, ‘Shop Floor to Boardroom’ Recruitment Solutions, Coaching & Mental Fitness into the Transportation, Infrastructure, Digital & General Manufacturing sectors across the UK, Europe and North Americas.
With Head Offices based on Pride Park, Derby – We have 50 Employees, £22m turnover and privately owned boasting a 40% growth in the last 18 months alongside being awarded 6 major multi-year contracted recruitment partnership agreements with UK and international organisations.
Over the next five years we’re looking to significantly grow our business within the UK and internationally, both in terms of our client base and the Ford & Stanley team – for this we are looking to secure experienced recruiters to join us on our journey be that here in the UK or other areas of the globe.
Here at Ford & Stanley we are firm believers in recruiting on attributes and potential – as such it matters not what background your recruitment experiences is in. We have taken industrial recruiters and transformed them into high performing Executive Search Consultants, we have employed specialist law recruiters and developed them into expert industry ‘go to’ for engineering recruitment and we have provided an opportunity for struggling high potential recruiters who perhaps aren’t in the right environment to thrive and have supported their journey into top performers.
For a deeper insight into our culture, check out the video link to our 2023 company away day. https://fordandstanley.com/join-us/ you may also want to see some of the great work our teams have been doing for the environment https://fordandstanley.com/conservation/
- Would you like to be supported by a dedicated business support team who take the administration burden out of your working day? At Ford & Stanley we ensure our consultants are focussed on the sharp end of the activities and freed up to focus on what they are best at.
- We have made 11 internal promotions in the last 18 months which is testament to our focus and development of our people. We have maintained 100% retention of our employees for the 3rd consecutive year. (Since the pandemic).
- Specific to executive search we have promoted 4 individuals and had 4 new hires in 12 months.
- Are you seeking a clear and defined progression and promotion structure? You will receive a bespoke career plan designed around your strengths and ambitions that map out not just your next promotion but right the way through to director for those so inclined and driven. You will also be issued a training programme underpinned by a competency framework for you to own.
- Do you have ambitions to head up a business vertical? Here we don’t “grow desks,” we develop businesses that are only limited to your ambitions and capabilities. We currently have 5 established businesses and 4 service lines led by business managers who are working diligently and tirelessly to develop these service lines into business verticals. We have ambition to open up at least 3 new service lines throughout 2024 and 2025 in addition to a presence in the US / North America so whilst you may start your career with us in Executive Search it wouldn’t be unusual to find yourself heading up a new business venture at a later stage in your career with us if so desired.
- Do you want to be able to personally manage your monthly commission? Via your personal commission calculator, you can plan in advance, how much you will earn and plan how you want to spend it! We operate 3 different schemes each with an uncapped monthly commission scheme where you can start earning commission in your first month.
- Would you like to rid yourself of limitations and exercise your right to entrepreneurial thinking? Ford & Stanley is built entirely on the ideas and the creativity of its employees and none more so than our Executive Search business which is 3 years old yet already performing against its 5 year objectives.
- Would you like to genuinely make a difference to peoples lives via our Better Workdays Better Everyday’s mission? But also make a positive environmental impact? For every placement we make we plant an oak tree. For every major contract agreement with a client we plant a fruit tree. Join us during 2024 and you can join our companywide initiative of planting a forest worth of placements.
- Are you looking for a team focussed environment? At Ford & Stanley we have spent decades developing and perfecting a culture and defined working practices that one persons success is everyones success and the sharing for information, candidates and working with collaboration and interdependence is recognised, celebrated and rewarded.
What is it like working in the Executive Search team?
Quotes from executive search team members:
Ollie – Research Manager: “Imagine a world where every role you work you successfully place? (or at least get paid for your efforts?) Every search we undertake is a retained search, we do not take on contingent or non-exclusive assignments.”
Tom – Business Manager: “Every day we work with business leaders, directors, owners, c-suite of thriving successful businesses. Working in executive search is like being at business school (and getting paid very well for it).”
Emma – Senior Research Associate: “The fact that I have a role designed to play me to my strengths and ambitions sounds simple but very rare that an organisation adopts this mindset. Put simply, I love my job, I love my team and my role within in it.”
Dan – Director of Executive Search: “I am surrounded by talented, passionate and hungry people who work with a ‘one team’ ethos, have a tireless work ethic, hilarious to work with. Whilst we are one of the fastest growing and most profitable businesses within the group it is the culture that is something I haven’t ever experienced in my 20 years+ in the game. What a team. What a privilege”.
What does the role entail?
As an experienced recruitment consultant, you will know the duties and responsibilities better than most… but as a headline of responsibilities of a Senior or Managing Consultant within our Executive Search business Includes but not limited to:
- Sales & New Business Development.
- Developing trusted and lasting relationships with candidates and clients (in executive search every candidate is our next client!)
- Representing the business at Networking Events, Client Socials & Trade Shows. (Including hosting responsibilities)
- Undertaking Retained Executive Searches and delivering winning shortlists.
- Identifying most placeable executive candidates and proactively marketing
- Sourcing and appointing executive contractors to provide interim solutions to clients and ensuring a world class aftercare service to each
- Executive Candidate Pool Collation & Mapping of talent
- Client & Candidate Consulting, Trouble Shooting & Problem Solving
- Account Management & Account Development
- Development of Bids, Tenders and Proposals
- Ownership of your personal career plan and driving your progression through the competency matrix (be it a focus on mastery or current role of progression/promotion into the next)
What are the benefits and perks?
- Market leading basic salary package.
- Commission Scheme: Option of 3 types of commission scheme of which employees qualify for from day 1 of your employment.
- Holidays: 23 days + 8 bank holidays. 25 days & 8 bank holidays (Management level)
- Pension: 4% employer / 4% employee
- Life Assurance: 3 x Annual Salary
- Private Healthcare – Vitality to include 50% off gym membership, free apple watch and more (Management Level)
- Location: Full time office based. HQ in Pride Park Derby (Free parking)
- Health Shield
- Sickness: After probation – 10 days at 100% pay then SSP thereafter.
- 24/7 Mental Fitness & Performance Coach Access
- Company Away Days
- Christmas Party
- Ad hoc rewards/incentives for top performance
- Bespoke Career plan
- Team nights / company socials
- Editorial, PR & Comms plan of your joining
- Internal & External Training Programs
- Earlier Friday finishes (4pm wash up)
- Free fresh fruit, unlimited teas & coffees
- Free Parking
Likely Job Titles:
Recruitment Consultant, Senior Recruitment Consultant, Talent Acquisition Manager, Managing Consultant, Recruiter, Recruitment Manager.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers and approach all opportunity with a mindset of who is right for the job irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination.
This opportunity is being managed by: